I set up my Night Nannies business in May 2001 when my daughters were tiny, we had just moved to Hampshire and I had no family close by to support me – I felt this could be a really useful service. I built up a team of trained, qualified professional nannies and our reputation grew. Gradually I became interested in the physiology of sleep problems and, since 2004, I have been teaching courses to professionals on how to instil and develop good sleep habits in babies and toddlers, as well as delivering workshops to parents.
I have been a guest on local radio and write a regular column for Baby Hampshire and the NCT.
I’m also a breastfeeding supporter at Salisbury Hospital and I love the variety of opportunities this business has brought my way.
Call Georgie on 01794 301762
Night Nannies are self-employed and liable for their own tax and National Insurance. The client is asked to reimburse the Night Nanny for all expenses attributable to the interview upon presentation of receipts.
For each night the Night Nanny works the agency will charge £15, payable at the end of every month.
Suitable from birth to 6 months, your Night Nanny will work from 9pm to 7am, although these hours are flexible upon discussion with your Night Nanny.
For babies over six months old, who are on solids and otherwise healthy but still experiencing disrupted sleep, a Sleep Consultant will come to teach your baby to sleep better using gentle, consistent methods; generally this happens in 5 consecutive nights
A Maternity Nurse will come to your home and stay 24 hours a day for up to 6 days a week. She will develop a 24 hour routine for your baby focusing on effective feeding and sleeping patterns and ensuring that your new baby settles easily into your family.
Including sleep, feeding and behavioural issues, your Night Nanny will come for a consultation to get a good idea of the situation. She can then develop a plan of action, which you can implement yourself, or it will form the basis of the work she can undertake at a future date. There is a £15 charge per follow-up call.
- In the event that the Client wishes or needs to cancel the booking prior to commencement due to extenuating circumstances, the Agency reserves the right to retain 50% of the fee for work incurred.
- Good Friday/ Easter Day/ Christmas Day/ Christmas Night/ Boxing Day/ New Year’s Eve/ New Year’s Day/ Bank Holidays – your Night Nanny will ask for double pay.
- If your Night Nanny has to travel more than 10 miles, she would be grateful for a contribution to her petrol expenses. We suggest 45p per mile, as per the AA’s recommendation.
- One weeks notice is required to cancel your Night Nanny, or payment in lieu (please refer to General Terms & Conditions for more details on cancellation charges).
- Your Maternity Nurse will ask for one week’s pay in advance to secure her services.